Pathology Coding Services
The AdvantEdge team of skilled, certified coders is ready to work for your pathology practice, lab or hospital to provide coding support, audits or comprehensive coding and billing services.
AdvantEdge Professional Coders are:
- Certified by AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders) or AHIMA
- Have, on average, over 10 years of coding experience
- Trained and up to date on all government and insurance regulatory requirements
- Experienced with payer-specific coding requirements
Pathology Coding Solutions include:
- Coding education
- Coding audits
- Coding staff augmentation
- Comprehensive coding workflow
- Compliance training
Coding is a crucial aspect of the billing process. Coders must comprehend complex regulatory requirements and the clinical work being performed. AdvantEdge hires and trains highly experienced and certified coders with the skills to perform these tasks every day. Standards of ethical coding highlight the “decision making” dimensions of coding and outline the company’s expectations for making ethical decisions. To ensure the highest accuracy, all coding work is audited by quality assurance experts.
AdvantEdge Pathology Coders:
- Apply accurate, complete and consistent coding practices.
- Assign and report only the codes that are clearly and consistently supported by pathologist documentation.
- Provide regular feedback for Clinical Documentation Improvement
- Apply knowledge of current coding and classification systems and official resources to select appropriate diagnostic, procedural, and supply codes, including applicable modifiers, and other codes as required.
- Adhere to ICD coding conventions and the official coding guidelines approved by the Cooperating Parties (the American Health Information Management Association, American Hospital Association, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and National Center for Health Statistics).
- Are credentialed through AHIMA, AAPC or other accredited professional coding organizations and follow all procedures to maintain these credentials.
- Follow the CPT rules established by the American Medical Association, and other official coding rules and guidelines established by the industry
- Seek clarification and proper documentation from the provider prior to assigning codes when documentation is conflicting or incomplete.
- Protect the confidentiality of health information at all times and refuse to access it if not required for coding related activities.
- Maintain and continually enhance their coding competency through educational programs, reading official coding publications, and other applicable continuing educational resources in order to stay abreast of changes in codes, coding guidelines, regulatory and other requirements.
- Work with AdvantEdge Client Managers to assist and educate physicians, clinicians and staff to more accurately reflect the acuity, severity, and occurrence of events.