Multi Specialty Coding Services
Multi-specialty coding solutions include:
- Coding staff augmentation
- Comprehensive coding workflow
- Coding audits
- Compliance training
- Coding Education
AdvantEdge professional coders are:
- AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders), AHIMA, and/or RCC certified
- Highly experienced, averaging over 10 years of coding experience
- Trained and knowledgeable about all government and insurance regulatory requirements
- Experienced with payer specific coding requirements
Coding is a critical step in the billing process. Coding professionals must comprehend complex regulatory requirements and the clinical work being performed in great detail. At AdvantEdge, Our “standards of ethical coding” highlight the “decision-making” dimensions of coding and emphasize the company’s expectations for making ethical decisions. We only hire and train certified coders with the experience and skills to perform this work at high proficiency. All coding is audited by quality assurance experts to ensure the highest accuracy.
- Adhere to ICD coding conventions and official coding guidelines approved by the Cooperating Parties (the American Health Information Management Association, American Hospital Association, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and National Center for Health Statistics).
- Use skills and knowledge of all mandated coding and classification systems and official resources to select the appropriate diagnostic, procedural, and supply codes, including applicable modifiers, and other codes representing physician and related provider services (including substances, equipment, supplies, etc.).
- Apply accurate, complete and consistent coding practices to produce high quality coding data.
- Assign and report only the codes that are clearly and consistently supported by the provider’s documentation. This documentation includes all forms, records and other electronic and printed records and/or scanned images of clinical procedures and other medical services.
- Follow CPT rules established by the American Medical Association, and any other official coding rules and guidelines established for use with mandated standard code sets.
- Seek clarification and proper documentation from the provider prior to code assignment when documentation is conflicting, incomplete or ambiguous.
- Work in collaboration with AdvantEdge Client Managers to assist and educate physicians and other clinicians in proper documentation practices when needed to more accurately reflect the acuity, severity, and details about clinical events.
- Protect the confidentiality of health information at all times and refuse to access this information if not required for coding related activities.
- Are certified through AHIMA, AAPC or other accredited professional coding organizations and follow all procedures to maintain these credentials.
- Maintain and continually enhance their coding competency by participating in educational programs, reading official coding publications, and attending other continuing education programs to stay abreast of changes in codes, coding guidelines and regulatory and other requirements.