Hospitalist Billing Software
AdvantEdge uses robust hospitalist billing software that streamlines work for our staff through ease of use, automation of routine tasks, and reminders when follow-ups are required. For your hospitalist practice and hospital, this results in more time available for us to focus on and resolve complex cases and denials. This is how we can increase receipts and decrease A/R—at a cost lower than most internal billing operations.
Some of the technical features are:
- AdvantEdge hospitalist billing software links directly to your ADT, EMR and other systems to download demographics and/or charge information.
- Where information is on paper, AdvantEdge ScanEdge technology captures it at the source and immediately directs it to our coders and charge entry experts.
- Optimized hospitalist workflows submit claims electronically the same day a charge is billed into the system and the batch verified. Payments are applied quickly: electronically for carriers with automatic reconciliation and, for others, using procedures ajusted for each payor.
- Secondary claims—with electronic EOB attached—are filed the same day payments are posted from the primary payer. Denials and other payor responses are automatically queued for A/R team member follow-up. Capitation adjustments are performed automatically.
- Full EDI interfaces with all payor organizations immediately upload patient and procedure data, confirm eligibility, determine specifics of coverage, file claims, electronically adjudicate claims, negotiate electronic remittance, and achieve automated posting to line items on the original claim submission.
- Denials are automatically routed to the right specialist for immediate attention
- All transactions are fully journaled and recorded.
Powerful Hospitalist Reporting and Dashboards
Our hospitalist billing software embraces industry-leading dashboards, reporting and business intelligence capabilities, often referred to as “informatics.” From a client perspective, this means you have exactly the information you require, on your schedule and in the format you desire.
This approach is based on the AdvantEdge ClientFirst philosophy, viewing every situation through the client’s “lens.” One clear client essential is visibility and transparency. For that reason, all forms of coding, billing and practice management data are readily available at any time.
The HIPAA-secure AdvantEdge Analytics (A2) dashboard presents a 12 month overview of Charges, Payments and Adjustments, volume and A/R aging. As a user, you can then drill down on any of the data for more detail by payor class or individual payor, location, or physician for any time period. All data can be exported to Excel at any time.
The A2 dashboard contains a powerful but flexible security system so that each authorized user can see the data you specify, and that data only. For example, you can set it up so that an individual hospitalist can see his or her information, but nothing else.
The AdvantEdge Analytics portal is also where you can retrieve your reports at any time. Regular system reports, as well as ad hoc reports and other HIPAA secure information are always there when you want them.