Specialty Coding Services
Whether you need stand-alone coding support or comprehensive coding and billing services, The AdvantEdge team, consisting of 100 skilled, certified coders, is ready to work for your specialty practice or hospital today.
Specialty coding solutions include:
- Coding staff augmentation
- Comprehensive coding workflow
- Coding audits
- Coding Education
- Compliance training
AdvantEdge professional coders are:
- AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders), AHIMA, and/or RCC certified
- Highly experienced, with an average of over 10 years of coding experience
- Trained and knowledgeable about all insurance and government regulatory requirements
- Experienced with payor specific coding requirements
Coding is a crucial step in the billing process. Our “standards of ethical coding” highlight the “decision-making” dimensions of coding and drive the company’s expectations for making ethical decisions. AdvantEdge hires and trains only certified and experienced coders who understand complex regulatory requirements and clinical work in great detail and who have the skills to perform coding tasks at a high level of proficiency. And, all coding is audited by quality assurance experts to assure the highest accuracy.
- Adhere to ICD coding conventions and official coding guidelines approved by the Cooperating Parties (the American Health Information Management Association, American Hospital Association, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and National Center for Health Statistics).
- Are credentialed through AHIMA, AAPC or other accredited professional coding organizations and abide by all procedures to maintain these credentials.
- Use knowledge of all mandated coding and classification systems and official resources to select the appropriate diagnostic, procedural, supply and other codes utilized in the provision of healthcare services, including applicable modifiers.
- Employ accurate, complete and consistent coding practices to produce high quality coding data.
- Report only the codes that are clearly and consistently supported by the provider’s documentation, which includes all forms, records and other electronic and printed records and/or scanned images of clinical procedures and other medical services.
- Require appropriate documentation and clarification of services performed from the provider before assigning codes when documentation is ambiguous, conflicting or incomplete.
- Assist AdvantEdge Client Managers to assist and educate physicians and other clinicians in proper documentation practices.
- Abide by all regulations to protect patient health information including refusal to access this information if not required for coding related activities.
- Stay current with coding and regulatory guidelines to maintain and continually augment their coding credentials and competency through educational publications, programs and other resources.