Hospitalist Coding Services
Whether your hospitalist practice or hospital needs stand-alone coding support or comprehensive coding and billing services, AdvantEdge has 100 skilled, certified coders ready to work for you today.
Hospitalist coding solutions include:
- Comprehensive coding workflow
- Coding staff augmentation
- Compliance training
- Coding audits
- Coding Education
AdvantEdge professional coders are:
- AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders), AHIMA, and/or RCC certified
- Highly skilled, with an average of over 10 years coding experience
- Trained and knowledgeable about all insurance and government regulatory requirements
- Familiar with payor specific coding requirements
Coding is a crucial step of the billing process. AdvantEdge hires and trains experienced and certified coders who can understand complex regulatory requirements and clinical work in great detail and who have the skills to perform coding tasks at a high level of proficiency every day. Our “standards of ethical coding” determine the “decision-making” components of coding and drive the company’s expectations for making ethical decisions. We require all coding work to be audited by quality assurance experts to ensure the highest accuracy.
- Utilize complete, accurate, and consistent coding practices.
- Apply extensive knowledge of current coding and classification systems and official resources to determine the most appropriate diagnostic, procedural, substance, equipment, supply and other codes, including applicable modifiers, used in the provision of healthcare services.
- Report only the codes that are clearly and consistently supported by the coding documentation, which includes multiple forms of documentation such as, medical records, forms and other electronic and/or scanned images of clinical procedures and other medical services.
- Follow ICD coding conventions and other official coding guidelines established by the medical industry.
- Adhere to CPT rules established by the American Medical Association, and any other official coding rules and guidelines established for use with mandated standard code sets.
- Require clarification and appropriate documentation from the provider before assigning codes when documentation is conflicting, incomplete or ambiguous.
- Collaborate with AdvantEdge Client Managers to assist and educate physicians and other clinicians in proper documentation practices.
- Protect the confidentiality of health information at all times and will not access it if not required for coding related activities.
- Are credentialed through AHIMA, AAPC or other accredited professional coding organizations.
- Stay up-to-date on changes on coding and regulatory guidelines by maintaining and continually augmenting their coding competency and credentials through educational programs, publications, and other resources.