Pathology Billing Service
The AdvantEdge pathology billing service starts by designing a billing process custom to your practice. It focuses on the most efficient and rapid means to acquire all needed information, with quality and integrity checks built-in. Also a complete review and update of credentialing (provider enrollment) information is conducted. Compliance issues and risks are highlighted and resolved throughout the entire process.
Accurate bills are being sent to each of your payers and your practice sees daily financial and operational summaries. As claims are adjudicated, payments are posted and denials are automatically routed to the proper AdvantEdge expert for quick resolution. Secondary claims and patient balances are automatically billed. Outstanding balances with payers and patients are analyzed daily with each exception assigned to an accounts receivable expert.
An AdvantEdge client manager is available to your practice at any time to review questions and as a practice management resource.
If your current pathology billing company isn’t exceeding your expectations, ask us to demonstrate why AdvantEdge is different from the competirion. At AdvantEdge, we take pride in meeting each client’s specific needs, with consistently strong net collections and A/R performance. This “outsourced” billing reduces your fixed costs, while you retain control and visibility, including online “anytime, anywhere” access to your current financial performance.
Can your Pathology Billing Benefit from our Proven Results?
- Collections up 5 to 50%
- A/R days outstanding down by 5 or more
- Denials reduced up to 90%
- Achieve net collections of 95+%
- Advanced, robust technology and tools mean service to billing intervals in hours or days, not weeks
- Process 99% of claims electronically
- Comprehensive, real-time reporting
- Visibility and control for your practice
- You focus on clinical matters, not the “back office”
- Lower staff and overhead costs
- Trained, certificated, and ready to meet your unique needs.
- Responsive service
- Streamlined and fully compliant workflow means
- Rapid, efficient claims processing
- Fewer denials, faster denial processing
- Automation of routine tasks
- Reduced compliance risk
- Solutions tailored to the specific needs of your practice
- An extension of your practice
- Payer contract negotiations
- Industry expert in regulations, coding, compliance
How the AdvantEdge Pathology Billing Can Serve your Practice
- Demographics captured via hospital downloads (HL7 and other)
- Pathology Charge Capture including ADT and LIS interfaces
- Daily reconciliation of charge batches
- Electronic filing of medical claims
- Electronic Payer Remittance (ERA)
- Payment Posting with Daily Reconciliation
- Flexible Patient Statements
- Patient portal
- Lockbox, other Banking Arrangements
- Rapid Follow-Up with Payers, Patients
- Denial Management
- Expected vs. Actual Reimbursement Analysis
- Compliance Plan and Program
- Powerful Pathology Billing System
- Line Item Posting
- All transactions fully journaled
- Web-based dashboard with daily financial results
- Customized Reporting
- Client Management Expert Assigned to each Client
- Options for chart auditing, credentialing, payer contracting, HR, Accounts Payable and more