Anthem CT Posts Advanced Imaging Clinical Appropriateness Guideline Updates
February 2020 ~
Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Anthem) of Connecticut (CT) released certain updates to its Vascular Imaging Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines which includes new and updated language for the indication of asymptomatic enlargement by imaging and clarifying surveillance intervals for stable aneurysms.
Effective for dates of service on and after May 17, the following updates will apply to Anthem’s AIM Advanced Imaging: Vascular Imaging Clinical Appropriateness Guidelines.
Updates by section:
Aneurysm of the abdominal aorta or iliac arteries
- Added new indication for asymptomatic enlargement by imaging
- Clarified surveillance intervals for stable aneurysms as follows:
- Treated with endografts, annually
- Treated with open surgical repair, every 5 years
Stenosis or occlusion of the abdominal aorta or branch vessels, not otherwise specified
- Added surveillance indication and interval for surgical bypass grafts
For more information, access and download a copy of Anthem’s current and upcoming guidelines, here.
Source(s): February 2020 Anthem Connecticut Provider News;