Medical Billing Software
With the complexity of medical billing in today’s rapidly-changing healthcare environment, it is essential to have powerful and flexible medical billing software. Flexibility to deal with the constant changes in payer requirements and power to enable billing staff to focus on denials and accounts receivable follow-up; with minimum time spent on routine items.
The AdvantEdge company started as both a technology company and a billing company and that dual focus continues to today. Our billing software, called Virtual Manager offers powerful billing software is optimized for staff productivity and for collections results. AdvantEdge has applied twenty years of experience with the high performance IBM System i to create a solution that is highly functional, flexible and efficient. This translates into “more money, faster” for AdvantEdge clients.
Medical Billing Software Features
- Charges and patient demographics are captured electronically (via interfaces with EMR/EHRs, hospital ADT, ECC, and other systems; or on-site scanning) or entered from paper superbills. A full suite of HL7 interfaces to all major hospital systems is supported. Documents are scanned once, then available throughout the workflow.
- Each piece of information is entered once: and immediately available throughout the billing process. For example, by entering new insurance coverage for a patient effective on January 1, all claims for services after that date are automatically updated while claims for services on earlier dates remain on the previous coverage.
- Charge entry and billing are facilitated by sophisticated edits, fast access to all relevant documents, and logic based on medical specialty. Each batch is tracked and reconciled, assuring that no claims are missed. Once a batch is complete, claims are submitted electronically via EDI (837 transactions). Just as importantly, electronic remittance and EOB’s (835 transactions) are posted automatically. Accounts Receivable information is up-to-date with no delays.
- With routine transactions heavily automated, exceptions get the attention needed. Errors in charges and claims, denials from payers, and A/R exceptions are automatically assigned to the appropriate user. This “80/20” philosophy underpins the entire workflow: streamline and automate routine steps and help our billing experts solve the difficult tasks quickly.
- A wide variety of reports are readily available to clients through the AdvantEdge InfoEdge dashboard. Regular reports are delivered automatically on the schedule you set. Current results for charges, adjustments, payments, A/R, and volume are online for your review “anytime, anywhere.”