Medical Billing Company
How does AdvantEdge deliver superior medical billing results?
All medical billing companies go through the basic medical billing steps:
- Charge capture/entry
- Claims filing
- Payment posting
Most billing companies also perform some Accounts Receivable work. At AdvantEdge, we go much, much further. Which explains why our results are superior to other billing companies. At AdvantEdge:
- Comprehensive EMR, ECC and hospital interfaces not only collect charge information rapidly, they have built-in error correction and reconciliation processes to guarantee that every procedure performed is billed.
- Multi-specialty coding is performed by AdvantEdge certified coders, assuring accurate and fully compliant billing. When provider documentation is unclear, our coders request immediate clarification for accurate billing. In addition, our coders provide regular feedback to improve physician documentation and, where desired, physician education classes.
- Sophisticated claim edits assure that only clean claims are filed. 99% of all claims filed by AdvantEdge are accepted by the payor.
- Along with payments, all EOB information is posted, including denial information.
- Secondary claims are filed automatically as soon as the primary payment is posted.
- A patient statement is immediately sent after an insurance payment is posted, if a patient balance exists.
- Patients can pay via an online portal, phone or mail with the full variety of payment types available: credit card, check, e-check, etc.
- Denials are reviewed and processed immediately by the appropriate specialist, based on denial type.
- Underpayments are identified and worked by an insurance specialist.
- Delays in payment from insurers or patients are reviewed with follow-up activity by A/R experts.
- All billing work is visible to clients on a daily basis.
- Full reporting and analysis is provided on each client’s custom schedule: monthly, weekly, daily.
- The AdvantEdge Client Manager is your partner and is available at any time to answer questions and to provide additional information on the full range of billing, coding and business intelligence.
- We provide the full spectrum of practice management services, starting with enrollment (credentialing) and contract negotiations. Plus, some or all HR services, accounting and financial support, whatever you need.
Medical Billing Reporting and Dashboards
An integral part of AdvantEdge medical billing services is the web-based comprehensive reporting and analytics tool AdvantEdge Analytics (A2) which provides
- Online access to all regular and ad-hoc reports
- A current dashboard with charges, cash, adjustments and A/R information
- Drill down by location, payor, physician and more
With A2, clients who need even more power have the utmost in flexibility at their fingertips: the ability to create customized views and reports using any and all data about the practice or group. The data can be highly summarized or at the most granular level.
Our ClientFirst approach includes complete transparency to our clients. InfoEdge is one element of that transparency and visibility.
Personal communications is another key element: we communicate in as many ways as you wish about practice performance, day-to-day management of the revenue cycle and strategic direction. Your AdvantEdge Client Manager represents our entire company and is available to you at any time. Our team of coding, billing and practice management experts communicate regularly on your account. And our executives are a vital part of your support team.
Every one of our staff members is focused on the performance of your practice. Unique in the industry, our staff members have incentive bonuses tied to superior results for your group. At AdvantEdge, we know that your practice is more successful when communication flows easily from the “back office” (e.g. billing office) to your sites, physicians, and administration.
As part of our ClientFirst philosophy, we strive to be your business partner, not just a vendor. We find that this cooperative, “win-win” approach generates better results for you and for us. We look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate how this partnership can benefit your group.
Billing in House? Could a Billing Company be a Better Solution?
Is growth in your practice making it hard for your billing staff to keep up? Are current billing costs too high? Does your billing staff not find time to work A/R? Do routine billing tasks take too long? Is your software vendor “nickel and diming” you for updates? If you have any of these symptoms, we can help.
Traditionally, some practices have felt that they needed in-house billing to have “control.” With today’s sophisticated informatics and communications, AdvantEdge allows you to keep control of your practice and offers you a much deeper bench of expertise with technology capabilities that no in-house operation can develop or afford.
To find out more, call 877 501-1611 now to learn about the Financial Performance Edge: a way to compare costs and capabilities on an “apples to apples” basis. Then you can decide which is the best solution for your group. You can learn more from our whitepaper about how to compare in-house billing to a billing service.