Specialty Billing Company
How Does AdvantEdge Deliver Superior Results?
All specialty billing companies perform the basic medical billing steps:
- Charge capture/entry
- Claims filing
- Payment posting
Most specialty billing companies also offer some Accounts Receivable work. At AdvantEdge, we take it to the next level with results that are superior to other billing companies. At AdvantEdge:
- Comprehensive EMR, ECC and hospital interfaces not only collect specialty charge information quickly, they have built-in error reconciliation and correction processes to assure that every performed service is billed.
- AdvantEdge certified coders perform specialty coding ensuring compliant and accurate billing. Our coders request immediate clarification when physician documentation is unclear or ambiguous. Our coders also provide regular feedback and where desired, physician education classes to improve physician documentation.
- Sophisticated claim edits ensure that only clean claims are submitted to payors. At AdvantEdge, 99% of all claims submitted are accepted by payors.
- Along with payments, all EOB information is posted, including denial information.
- Secondary claims are filed automatically at the time the primary payment is posted.
- A patient statement is immediately issued if a patient balance exists after insurance payment, .
- Patients can pay through an online portal, phone or mail with many payment types available: credit card, check, e-check, etc.
- Denials are processed immediately by the appropriate speciality specialist, based on the type of denial.
- Underpayments are identified and worked by an insurance specialist.
- Delays in payment from insurers or patients are reviewed and handled by A/R follow-up experts.
- All specialty billing work is visible to clients on a daily basis.
- Comprehensive reporting and analysis is provided monthly and, where requested, on a daily and/or weekly basis.
- The AdvantEdge Client Manager is your partner and is available at any time to answer questions and to provide information on the full range of specialty billing, coding and business intelligence.
- We provide the full menu of specialty practice management services, beginning with enrollment (credentialing) and contract negotiations. Plus, as required, some or all HR, accounting and financial support.
InfoEdge: Medical Billing Information Anytime, Anywhere
In the past, a set of monthly reports was all that was expected and provided by a multi-specialty billing company. Today specialty practices expect painless access to real-time billing results every day, whenever they wish.
The InfoEdge online portal provides HIPAA-compliant access to a summary and itemization of charges, adjustments, collections, A/R, and case volumes. Your specialty practice data is updated daily with “drill-down” access to detailed information by provider, location, type of service, payor, etc, and can be exported directly to you in a variety of formats. In addition, regularly scheduled and ad hoc reports are delivered to InfoEdge with no delays from paper distribution and no need to email patient-protected information. The entire dashboard and reporting system conforms to federal standard NIST SP 800-52 and other relevant standards required by HIPAA and HITECH encryption standards.
AdvantEdge clients also have access to InfoEdgeBI, our robust Business Intelligence Analytics tool set used by AdvantEdge Client Managers to provide custom reports, ad hoc analyses and personalized support for your practice or hospital.
AdvantEdge believes in complete transparency when working with our clients. InfoEdge is one element of that visibility and transparency. Personal communications is another key facet: we communicate in as many ways as you wish about day-to-day management of the revenue cycle, your specialty practice performance and strategic direction. At AdvantEdge, we know that your practice and hospital are more successful when communication flows smoothly from the billing office to your physicians, sites, and administration.
Our team of coding, billing and practice management experts proactively provide their insights to current and future healthcare challenges. Every one of our staff members is focused on the performance of your practice. Unique in the industry, our staff members have incentive bonuses tied to superior results for your group. Your AdvantEdge Client Manager partner is available to you at any time. And our executives are an integral part of your support team.
We strive to operate as your business partner, not just a vendor. We find that this cooperative, “win-win” approach yields better results for you and for us. We look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate how this partnership can benefit your specialty practice and hospital.
Billing in House? Could a Billing Company be a Better Solution?
Are your current billing costs too high? Is growth in your practice or hospital making it hard for your billing staff to keep up? Does your billing staff not find time to work A/R? Do routine billing tasks take too long? Is your software vendor “nickel and diming” you for updates? If you have any of these symptoms, we can help.
Traditionally, some practices believed they needed in-house billing to maintain control of their practice. AdvantEdge’s sophisticated informatics and communications allow you to keep that control. In fact, many practices now feel that they have more control with a billing partner than with their own staff.
In addition to cost advantages (a variable billing cost instead of the fixed and growing expenses of an in-house operation), a billing company offers a much deeper bench of expertise available to your group. And companies like AdvantEdge offer technology capabilities that no in-house operation can develop or afford.
To find out more, learn about the Financial Performance Edge: a way to compare costs and capabilities on an “apples to apples” basis. Then you can decide which is the best solution for your group. You can learn more from our whitepaper about how to compare in-house billing to a billing service.