Neonatology Billing Software
Neonatology Billing Software Drives Improved Collections and Lower A/R
AdvantEdge uses sophisticated neonatology billing software that streamlines work for our staff through ease of use, automation of routine tasks, and reminders when follow-ups are required. For your neonatology practice and hospital, this means we have increased time available to focus on and resolve complex cases and denials. This is how we can increase cash and improve A/R—at a cost lower than most internal billing operations.
Some of the technical features are:
- AdvantEdge neonatology billing software links directly to your ADT, EMR and other systems to download demographics and/or charge information.
- Where information is on paper, AdvantEdge ScanEdge technology captures it at the source and immediately directs it to our coders and charge entry experts.
- Enhanced neonatology workflows submit claims electronically the same day a charge is billed into the system and verified. Payments are applied fast: electronically for carriers with automatic reconciliation and, for others, using procedures optimized for each payor.
- Secondary claims—with electronic EOB attached—are submitted the same day payments are posted from the primary payer. Denials and other payor responses are automatically queued for A/R team member follow-up. Capitation adjustments are done automatically.
- Full electronic interfaces with all payor organizations instantly upload patient and procedure data, determine specifics of coverage, verify eligibility, submit claims, electronically adjudicate claims, negotiate electronic remittance, and realize automated posting to line items on the original claim submission.
- Denials are automatically transmitted to the appropriate specialist for immediate attention.
- All transactions are fully journaled and recorded.
Powerful Neonatology Reporting and Dashboards
Our neonatology billing software contains industry-leading dashboards, reporting and business intelligence capabilities, often referred to as “informatics.” From a client perspective, this means you have exactly the information you require, on your schedule and in your requested format.
This approach is based on the AdvantEdge ClientFirst philosophy, viewing every situation through the client’s “lens.” One clear client essential is visibility and transparency. For that reason, all forms of coding, billing and practice management data are always available at any time.
The HIPAA-secure InfoEdge dashboard offers a 13 month overview of Charges, Cash and Adjustments, volume and A/R aging. As a user, you can then drill down on any of the data for more detail by payor class or individual payor, location, or physician for any time period. All data can be exported to Excel at any time.
The InfoEdge dashboard employs a powerful but flexible security system so that each authorized user can view the data you specify, and only that data. For example, you can set it up so that an individual neonatologist can see his or her information, but nothing else. Similarly, a location manager could see just their location information, whatever you choose.
The AdvantEdge InfoEdge portal is also where you can retrieve your reports at any time. Reports are sent automatically by our neonatology billing software when you want them. Ad hoc reports and other HIPAA secure information are provided in the same manner.