Multi Specialty Billing Company
AdvantEdge Delivers Superior Multi-specialty Billing Results
Most multi-specialty billing companies employ the basic medical billing steps:
- Charge capture/entry
- Claims filing
- Payment posting
Most multi-specialty billing companies also perform some Accounts Receivable work. At AdvantEdge, we go much, much further with results that surpass other multi-specialty billing companies. At AdvantEdge:
- Comprehensive EMR, ECC and hospital interfaces not only collect multi-specialty charge information quickly, they have built-in error correction and reconciliation processes to assure that every performed service is billed.
- AdvantEdge certified coders are available where you need them to code or to assist with coding reviews and education.
- Sophisticated claim edits ensure that only clean claims are submitted to payors. At AdvantEdge, 99% of all claims filed are accepted by payors.
- Along with payments, all EOB information is posted, including denial information.
- Secondary claims are filed automatically as soon as the primary payment is posted.
- If a patient balance exists after insurance payment, a statement is immediately issued.
- Patients can remit payment through an online portal, phone or mail with multiple payment types available: credit card, check, e-check, etc.
- Denials are processed immediately by the appropriate multi-speciality specialist, based on the type of denial.
- Underpayments are identified and processed by an insurance specialist.
- Delays in payment from insurers or patients are reviewed and handled by A/R follow-up experts.
- All multi-specialty billing work is visible to clients on a daily basis.
- Full reporting and analysis is provided monthly and, where requested, on a daily and/or weekly basis.
- The AdvantEdge Client Manager is an extension of your multi-specialty practice or hospital and is available at any time to answer questions and to provide additional information on the full range of multi-specialty billing, coding and business intelligence.
- We provide the full spectrum of multi-specialty practice management services, beginning with enrollment (credentialing) and contract negotiations. Plus, as required, some or all HR, accounting and financial support.
InfoEdge: Medical Billing Information Anytime, Anywhere
In the past, a set of monthly reports was all that was expected and provided by a multi-specialty billing company. Today multi-specialty practices expect easy access to current billing results every day, whenever they wish.
The InfoEdge online portal provides HIPAA-compliant access to a summary and breakdown of charges, adjustments, collections, A/R, and case volumes.
The data is updated daily with “drill-down” access to detailed information by payor, provider, location, type of service, etc, and can be exported in a variety of formats. In addition, regularly scheduled reports are delivered to InfoEdge with no delays from paper distribution and no need to email patient-protected information. Ad hoc reports can also be requested via InfoEdge and delivered to the dashboard. The entire dashboard and reporting system conforms to federal standard NIST SP 800-52 and other relevant standards required by HIPAA and HITECH encryption standards.
AdvantEdge clients also have access to InfoEdgeBI, our powerful Business Intelligence Analytics tool set used by AdvantEdge Client Managers to provide custom reports, ad hoc analyses and personalized support for your practice or hospital.
AdvantEdge believes in complete transparency when working with our clients. InfoEdge is one element of that transparency and visibility.
Personal communications is another key dimension: we communicate in as many ways as you prefer about practice performance, day-to-day management of the revenue cycle and strategic direction. At AdvantEdge, we know that your practice and hospital are more successful when communication flows easily from the billing office to your sites, physicians, and administration. Your AdvantEdge Client Manager is available to you at any time. Our team of coding, billing and practice management experts proactively provide their insights. And our executives are an integral part of your support team.
Every one of our staff members is focused on the performance of your practice. Unique in the industry, our staff members have incentive bonuses tied to superior results for your group. At AdvantEdge, we know that your practice is more successful when communication flows easily from the billing office to your sites, physicians, and administration.
As a matter of philosophy, we strive to operate as a business partner, not just a vendor. We find that this cooperative, “win-win” approach generates better results for you and for us. We look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate how this partnership can benefit your multi-specialty practice and hospital.
Billing in House? Could a Billing Company be a Better Solution?
Is growth in your practice or hospital making it hard for your billing staff to keep up? Are your current billing costs too high? Does your billing staff not find time to work A/R? Do routine billing tasks take too long? Is your software vendor “nickel and diming” you for updates? If you have any of these symptoms, we can help.
Traditionally, some practices have felt that they needed in-house billing to retain control of their practice. AdvantEdge’s sophisticated informatics and communications allow you to keep that control. In fact, many practices now feel that they have more control with a billing partner than with their own staff.
In addition to cost advantages (a variable billing cost instead of the fixed and growing expenses of an in-house operation), a billing company offers a much deeper bench of expertise available to your group. And companies like AdvantEdge offer technology capabilities that no in-house operation can develop or afford.
To find out more, learn about the Financial Performance Edge: a way to compare costs and capabilities on an “apples to apples” basis. Then you can decide which is the best solution for your group. You can learn more from our whitepaper about how to compare in-house billing to a billing service.