Emergency Medicine Billing and Coding Services
AdvantEdge provides the best emergency medicine billing services, coding, and accounts receivable management services. Have have state-of-the-art technology, expert staff, and rigorous workflows optimize your practice revenue and cash flow. Does your practice experience any of these common issues?
- Collections are below expectations.
- Days in A/R are above 40.
- Billing staff turnover is too high.
AdvantEdge helps emergency medicine practices solve these problems every day.
Are your Current Emergency Medicine Billing Services Exceeding Expectations?
Practices using other emergency medicine billing services often tell us:
- Reports don’t have the details needed to gauge their practice
- Information is hard to obtain or is unavailable when you need it most
- The account manager hasn’t been seen in months
Here at AdvantEdge, we operate with a ClientFirst philosophy which means it is our job to try and view the world through your lens and respond accordingly. One way is to provide complete visibility and transparency into our work. The InfoEdge dashboard provides “anytime, anywhere” access to exactly what we’ve processed for you every day. And we have many other communications channels: coding feedback, compliance training, process improvement suggestions, etc.
If your current billing company isn’t delivering results, service and information, call us at (877 501-1611) to learn why you can do much better!
Efficient and Effective Emergency Medicine Billing
Your hospital ADT, EMR, ECC and other systems are linked directly to AdvantEdge billing technology. If some or all information is on paper, AdvantEdge workflow optimization means your data is entered faster, with fewer errors. Sophisticated software automation speeds the entire billing cycle.
- Service to billing intervals measured in hours, not days or weeks.
- Increased collections from more accurate and comprehensive billing—all fully compliant.
- Reduced billing costs.
- Fewer days in A/R.
Is your In-house Billing Delivering what you Need? Efficiently?
Many practices perform their own coding and billing, either with a dedicated team or as part of a hospital billing team or CBO. These operations can be effective as long as investments in billing technologies are kept current and staff members are well trained. But we often see issues that reduce the effectiveness, and therefore cash flow. These include:
- Staff turnover
- Outdated or inflexible systems
- Limited reporting capabilities
Even if these issues are not present, cost issues may still need to be evaluated. Staff costs increase annually with increases in salaries, benefits, etc. At some point, it is essential to analyze the fixed (and increasing) expenses of in-house billing versus the downward trend in reimbursement. In contrast to the fixed and increasing expenses of an in-house operation, AdvantEdge billing services represent a predictable, variable cost that is directly proportional to your practice revenue. Of course, you retain complete control and visibility, including “anytime, anywhere” access to current practice financials. And you gain an expert coding and billing partner.
We can give you a comprehensive view of current coding and billing effectiveness and costs with the Financial Performance Edge: a thorough, unbiased analysis of current results versus benchmarks. It assesses where revenue can be improved, costs reduced, cash flow accelerated and where there may be compliance risks. Call 877 501-1611 today to schedule yours!
AdvantEdge emergency medicine coding and billing services include:
- A comprehensive Interface Engine to obtain demographic information and emergency medicine reports from ADT, EMR, ECC and other systems.
- Sophisticated Scan-Edge technology (if required for paper information).
- Computer-assisted procedure and diagnosis coding supported by AdvantEdge Certified Coders.
- Billing by experienced AdvantEdge staff.
- Claims scrubbing.
- Payment and EOB posting.
- Accounts receivable management.
- Denial management.
- Contract management (e.g. monitoring underpayments).
- Patient billing.
- Patient web portal.
- Referral to collections agency and posting of collections received.
- A formal refund process.
- Comprehensive daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Anytime, anywhere access to the InfoEdge dashboard and all reports.
- Formal, comprehensive compliance program.
- As required:
- Credentialing (enrollment) services.
- Managed care contracting.
- Physician feedback and education on coding, compliance and other industry trends.
- ClientFirst account management and support.