How Does AdvantEdge Deliver Superior Results?
All anesthesia billing companies employ the basic medical billing steps:
- Charge capture/entry
- Claims filing
- Payment posting
Most hospitalist billing companies also perform some Accounts Receivable work. At AdvantEdge, we go much further giving you results superior to any other hospitalist billing company. At AdvantEdge:
- Comprehensive EMR, ECC and hospital interfaces not only collect hospitalist charge information quickly, they have built-in error correction and reconciliation processes to guarantee that every service performed is billed.
- Hospitalist coding is performed by AdvantEdge certified coders, assuring accurate and fully-compliant hospitalist billing. In addition to immediate clarification on unclear documentation, our coders also provide regular feedback to improve physician documentation and, where desired, physician education classes.
- Sophisticated claim edits assure that only clean claims are filed. At AdvantEdge, 99% of all filed claims are accepted by payers.
- Along with payments, all EOB information is posted, including denial information.
- Secondary claims are filed automatically as soon as the primary payment is posted.
- A patient statement is immediately issued after an insurance payment is posted, if a patient balance exists.
- Patients can pay via an online portal, phone or mail with all payment types available: credit card, check, e-check, etc.
- Denials are managed and processed immediately by the appropriate specialist, based on the type of denial.
- Underpayments are identified and handled by an insurance specialist.
- Delays in payment from insurers or patients are reviewed and processed by A/R follow-up experts.
- All billing work is visible to clients on a daily basis.
- Full reporting and analysis is provided monthly and, can be provided on a daily and weekly basis, if requested.
- The AdvantEdge Client Manager is an extension of your hospitalist practice or hospital and is available at any time to answer questions and to provide additional information on the full range of hospitalist billing, coding and business intelligence.
- We provide the full spectrum of hospitalist practice management services, starting with enrollment (credentialing) and contract negotiations. And we offer some or all HR, accounting and financial support.
AdvatEdge Analytics: Medical Billing Information Anytime, Anywhere
In the past, a set of monthly reports was all that was expected of, and provided by, a hospitalist billing company. Today hospitalist practices expect easy access to current billing results every day, whenever they wish.
The AdvantEdge Analytics (A2) online portal provides HIPAA-compliant access to a summary and breakdown of charges, adjustments, receipts, A/R, and case volumes.
Billing and revenue data is updated daily with “drill-down” access to detailed information by payer, provider, location, type of service, etc. And it can be exported in a variety of formats. In addition, regularly scheduled reports are delivered to A2 with no delays from paper distribution and no need to email patient-protected information. Ad hoc reports can also be requested via A2 and delivered to the dashboard. The entire dashboard and reporting system conforms to federal standard NIST SP 800-52 and other relevant standards required by HIPAA and HITECH encryption standards.
Our ClientFirst approach includes complete transparency of billing activities to our clients. InfoEdge is one component of that transparency and visibility.
Personal communications is another key dimension: we communicate in as many ways as you prefer about practice performance, management of the revenue cycle and strategic direction. At AdvantEdge, we know that your practice and hospital are more successful when communication flows easily from the billing office to your sites, physicians, and administration.
Your AdvantEdge Client Manager is available to you at any time and our team of coding, billing and practice management experts regularly provide you information and their insights on what is changing in the medical billing and coding world. Every one of our staff members is focused on the performance of your practice. Unique in the industry, our staff members have incentive bonuses tied to superior results for your group. And our executives are a vital part of your support team.
We strive to operate as a business partner, not just a vendor. We find that this cooperative, “win-win” approach returns better results for you and for us. We look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate how this partnership can benefit your hospitalist group practice and hospital.
Billing in House? Could a Billing Company be a Better Solution?
Traditionally, some practices have felt that they needed in-house billing to keep “control” of their practice. But many in-house billing practices have found that:
- Growth in their practice or hospital make it difficult for their billing staff to keep up
- Billing tasks take too long and staff does not have enough time to work A/R
- Billing costs are too expensive.
- Software vendors charge for every update.
If you have any of these symptoms, we can help. With today’s sophisticated informatics and communications, AdvantEdge allows you to keep control of your practice and offers you a much deeper bench of expertise with technology capabilities that no in-house operation can develop or afford.
To find out more, learn about the Financial Performance Edge: a way to compare costs and capabilities on an “apples to apples” basis. Then you can decide which is the best solution for your group. You can learn more from our whitepaper about how to compare in-house billing to a billing service.