Specialty Coding Services
Whether you need comprehensive coding and billing services or just stand-alone coding support, the AdvantEdge team, consisting of over 70 skilled, certified coders, is ready to work for your specialty practice today.
Specialty coding solutions include:
- Coding staff expansion
- Complete coding workflow
- Coding audits
- Coding Education
- Coding and Compliance training
AdvantEdge professional coders are:
- AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders), AHIMA, and/or RCC certified
- Highly experienced, with an average of over 10 years of coding experience
- Trained and knowledgeable about all insurance and government regulatory requirements
- Familiar with payor specific coding requirements
Coding is an essential step in the billing process. Our “standards of ethical coding” determine the “decision-making” aspects of coding and drive the company’s expectations for making ethical decisions. AdvantEdge hires and trains only experienced and certified coders who comprehend complex regulatory requirements and clinical work in great detail and who have the expert skills to perform coding tasks at a high level of proficiency. And, all coding is audited by quality assurance experts to assure the highest accuracy.
Employ accurate, complete and consistent coding practices to produce high quality coding data.
- Employ accurate, complete and consistent coding practices to produce high quality coding data.
- Abide by ICD coding conventions and official coding guidelines approved by the Cooperating Parties (the American Health Information Management Association, American Hospital Association, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and National Center for Health Statistics).
- Are credentialed through AHIMA, AAPC or other accredited professional coding organizations and follow all procedures to maintain these credentials.
- Apply knowledge of all mandated coding and classification systems and official resources to select the appropriate diagnostic, procedural, supply and other codes used in providing healthcare services, including applicable modifiers.
- Report only the codes that are clearly and consistently supported by the provider’s documentation, which includes all forms, records and other electronic and printed records and/or scanned images of clinical procedures and other medical services.
- Require appropriate documentation and clarification of services performed from the provider prior to assigning codes when documentation is ambiguous, conflicting or incomplete.
- Assist AdvantEdge Client Managers to educate and help physicians and other clinicians in proper documentation practices.
- Adhere to all regulations to protect patient health information including refusal to access this information if not required for coding related activities.
- Stay current with coding and regulatory guidelines to maintain and continually augment their coding credentials and competency through educational publications, programs and other resources.