Specialty Medical Billing Company
How Does AdvantEdge Deliver Superior Results?
All specialty billing companies offer the basic medical billing steps:
- Charge capture/entry
- Claims filing
- Payment posting
Most specialty billing companies also perform some Accounts Receivable work. At AdvantEdge, we go much further delivering results superior to any other specialty billing company. At AdvantEdge:
- Comprehensive EMR, ECC, and other hospital interfaces not only collect specialty charge information quickly, they have built-in reconciliation processes and error correction to assure that every service performed is billed.
- Where coding is required, it is performed by AdvantEdge certified coders, assuring accurate and compliant specialty billing. When physician or other provider documentation is unclear or incomplete, our coders request immediate clarification for accurate billing. Our coders also provide regular feedback to improve physician documentation and, where desired, physician education classes.
- Sophisticated claim edits ensure that only clean claims are filed. In fact, 99% of all claims filed are accepted by payers.
- Along with payments, all EOB information is line-item posted, including denial information.
- Secondary claims are filed automatically as soon as the primary payment is posted.
- If a patient balance exists after insurance payment, a patient statement is immediately issued.
- Patients can pay via an online portal, phone or mail with multiple payment types available: credit card, check, e-check, etc.
- Denials are processed immediately by the appropriate specialist, based on the type of denial.
- Underpayments are identified and appealed by an insurance specialist.
- Delays in payment from insurers or patients are processed by A/R follow-up experts.
- All specialty billing work is visible to clients on a daily basis.
- Comprehensive reporting and analysis is provided monthly and, where requested, on a daily/weekly basis.
- The AdvantEdge Client Manager works as an extension of your specialty practice and is available at any time to answer questions and to provide information on billing, coding and business intelligence.
- We provide the full spectrum of specialty practice management services, starting with enrollment (credentialing) and contract negotiations. Plus, as needed, some or all HR, accounting and financial support.
InfoEdge: Specialty Billing Information Anytime, Anywhere
In the past, a set of monthly reports was all that was offered by and expected of a specialty billing company. Now, specialty practices require easy access to current billing results every day, whenever they wish.
The InfoEdge online portal offers HIPAA-compliant access to a summary or breakdown of charges, adjustments, receipts, A/R, and procedure volumes.
Your data is refreshed daily with “drill-down” access to detailed information by provider, payor, location, or other modalities and can be exported in a variety of formatted reports. In addition, regularly scheduled reports are delivered to the InfoEdge portal with no delays from paper distribution or need to email patient-protected information. Ad hoc reports can also be requested via InfoEdge and delivered to the dashboard. The entire dashboard and reporting system conforms to federal standard NIST SP 800-52 and other relevant standards required by HIPAA and HITECH encryption standards.
AdvantEdge clients also have access to InfoEdgeBI, a powerful Business Intelligence Analytics tool also used by AdvantEdge Client Managers to provide custom reports, ad hoc analyses and personalized support for your practice.
Our ClientFirst philosophy promotes complete transparency. InfoEdge is one dimension of that transparency and visibility. Personal communications is another key dimension: we communicate in as many ways as you wish about day-to-day management of the revenue cycle, practice performance, and strategic direction. At AdvantEdge, we know that your practice and hospital are more successful when communication flows easily from the billing office to your sites, physicians, and administration. Our team of billing, coding and practice management experts are focused on the performance of your practice and regularly provide you with their insights on healthcare issues. Unique in the industry, our staff members have incentive bonuses tied to superior results for your group.
Your AdvantEdge Client Manager represents our entire company and is available to you at any time. And our executives are an integral part of your support team.
We strive to operate as a business partner, not just a vendor. We find that this cooperative, “win-win” approach generates better results for you and for us. We look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate how this partnership can benefit your specialty practice.
Billing in House? Could a billing company be a better solution?
- Is growth in your practice or hospital making it hard for your billing staff to keep up?
- Are your current billing costs too high?
- Do routine billing tasks take too long leaving your billing staff with little time to work A/R?
- Is your software vendor charging you for every little update?
If these symptoms are present in your practice, we can help!
Some specialty groups feel they need in-house billing to keep “control” of their practice. But, with our sophisticated informatics and communications, we allow you to keep that control. In fact, many practices now feel that they have more control with a billing partner than with their own staff.
In addition to cost advantages (a variable billing cost instead of the fixed and growing expenses of an in-house operation), a specialty billing company has a much deeper bench of skilled experts available to your group. And companies like AdvantEdge offer technology capabilities that no in-house operation can develop or afford.
To find out more, learn about the Financial Performance Edge: a way to compare costs and capabilities on an “apples to apples” basis. Then you can decide which is the best solution for your group. You can learn more from our whitepaper about how to compare in-house billing to a billing service.