Multi-Specialty Coding Services
Whether your specialty practice needs coding support or comprehensive coding and billing services, the AdvantEdge certified professional coders are ready to work for you today.
AdvantEdge Professional Coders are:
- AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders), AHIMA, and/or RCC certified
- Trained and knowledgeable about all government and insurance regulatory requirements
- Highly experienced, with over 10 years of coding experience, on average
- Experienced with payor specific coding requirements
Multi-Specialty Coding Solutions Include:
- Coding Education
- Coding staff expansion
- Comprehensive coding workflow
- Coding audits
- Compliance training
Coding is one of the most crucial functions of the billing process and that’s why coding professionals must understand complex regulatory requirements and the clinical work being performed in great detail. AdvantEdge hires and trains experienced and certified coders with the skills to perform this task at a high level of proficiency every day. Our superior standards of ethical coding contribute to the decision making dimensions of coding and outline the company’s expectations for making ethical decisions. All coding work is audited by quality assurance experts to ensure the highest accuracy.
- Apply extensive knowledge of current coding and classification systems and official resources to select the most appropriate diagnostic, procedural, and supply codes, including applicable modifiers, and other codes as required.
- Assign and report only the codes that are consistently and clearlysupported by the medical documentation. This documentation includes forms, records and other electronic and/or scanned images of clinical procedures and other medical services.
- Adhere to the ICD coding conventions and official coding guidelines approved by the Cooperating Parties (the American Health Information Management Association, American Hospital Association, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and National Center for Health Statistics).
- Abide by the CPT rules established by the American Medical Association, and other official coding rules and guidelines established by the industry
- Seek clarification and proper documentation from the provider prior when documentation is conflicting, incomplete or ambiguous.
- Protect the confidentiality of health information at all times and refuse to access it if not required for coding related activities.
- Collaborate with AdvantEdge Client Managers to assist and educate physicians and other clinicians in proper documentation practices, when needed to more accurately indicate the severity, acuity, and the occurrence of events, .
- Are credentialed through AHIMA, AAPC or other accredited professional coding organizations and follow all procedures necessary to maintain these credentials.
- Maintain and continually enhance their coding competency through participation in educational programs, reading official coding publications, and other applicable continuing educational resources in order to stay current of coding changes, guidelines, regulatory and other requirements.