OB/Gyn Coding Services
With a team of over 70 skilled and certified coders AdvantEdge is ready to work whether your OB/Gyn practice requires stand alone coding support or comprehensive coding and billing services.
- AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders), AHIMA, and/or RCC certified
- Highly experienced, averaging over 10 years of coding experience
- Trained and knowledgeable about all government and insurance regulatory requirements
- Experienced with specific payor coding requirements
OB/GYN coding solutions include:
- Coding staff augmentation
- Comprehensive coding workflow
- Coding audits
- Compliance training
- Coding Education
Coding is an integral part of the billing process. Coding professionals must understand complex regulatory requirements and correctly interpret your clinical work. AdvantEdge hires and trains highly experienced and certified coders with the skills to perform this task at a superior level of proficiency every day. Our “standards of ethical coding” drive the “decision making” dimensions of coding and outline the company’s expectations for making ethical decisions. All coding work is audited by quality assurance experts to ensure the highest accuracy.
- Apply deep knowledge of current coding and classification systems and official resources to select the most appropriate diagnostic, procedural, and supply codes, including applicable modifiers, and other codes as required (including substances, equipment, supplies, or other items used in the provision of healthcare services).
- Apply accurate, complete and consistent coding practices.
- Assign and report only the codes that are clearly and consistently supported by the medical documentation. This documentation includes forms, records and other electronic and/or scanned images of clinical procedures and other medical services.
- Adhere to the ICD coding conventions and official coding guidelines approved by the Cooperating Parties (the American Health Information Management Association, American Hospital Association, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and National Center for Health Statistics).
- Follow the CPT rules established by the American Medical Association, and other official coding rules and guidelines established by the industry
- Seek clarification and proper documentation from the provider when documentation is conflicting, incomplete or ambiguous.
- When needed to more accurately reflect the acuity, severity, and the occurrence of events, work with AdvantEdge Client Managers to assist and educate physicians and other clinicians in proper documentation practices.
- Protect the confidentiality of health information at all times and refuse to access it if not required for coding related activities.
- Are credentialed through AHIMA, AAPC or other accredited professional coding organizations and follow all procedures necessary to maintain these credentials.
- Maintain and continually enhance their coding competency through participation in educational programs, reading official coding publications, and other applicable continuing educational resources in order to stay abreast of changes in codes, coding guidelines, regulatory and other requirements.