Internal Medicine Billing Software
AdvantEdge is able to increase collections by using powerful internal medicine billing software that streamline work for our staff through ease of use, automation of routine tasks, and reminders when follow-ups are due. For your practice, this means we have more time available to zero in on and resolve complex cases and denials. This is how we are able to increase collections and improve A/R—at a cost that is less than most internal billing operations.
Some of the technical features are:
- Optimized internal medicine workflows submit claims electronically the same day a charge is billed into the system and the batch verified. Payments are applied fast: electronically for carriers with automatic reconciliation and, for others, using procedures optimized for each payor.
- AdvantEdge internal medicine billing software links directly to your EMR, ECC and other systems to download demographics and/or charge information. And EDI interfaces with a comprehensive list of payors are included.
- Secondary claims—with electronic EOB attached—are filed the same day payments are posted from the primary payor. Denials and other payor responses are automatically queued for A/R team member follow-up. Capitation adjustments are done automatically.
- Full electronic interfaces with all payor organizations instantly upload patient and procedure data, verify eligibility, determine specifics of coverage, submit claims, electronically adjudicate claims, negotiate electronic remittance, and achieve automated posting to line items on the original claim submission.
- Denials are automatically routed to the right specialist for immediate attention.
- A contracting module and analysis reports highlight underpayments for review by our A/R experts.
- All transactions are recorded and fully journaled.
Powerful Internal Medicine Reporting and Dashboards
As a technology-based internal medicine billing company, AdvantEdge offers industry-leading dashboards, reporting and business intelligence capabilities, often referred to as “informatics.” From a client perspective, this means you have exactly the information you need, when you need it, and in your preferred format.
This approach is based on the AdvantEdge ClientFirst philosophy; we view every situation through the client’s “lens.” One clear client requirement is visibility and transparency. For that reason, all forms of coding, billing and practice management data are readily available at any time.
The HIPAA-secure InfoEdge dashboard offers a 13 month overview of Charges, Cash and Adjustments, volume (encounters and procedures) and A/R aging. As a user, you can then drill down on any of the data for more detail by payor class or individual payor, location, or physician for any available time period. Any of the data can be exported to Excel at any time.
The InfoEdge dashboard uses a powerful but flexible security system so that each authorized user can see the data you specify, and only that data. For example, you can set it up so that an individual physician can see his or her information, but nothing else. The AdvantEdge InfoEdge portal is also where you may access your reports at any time. Reports are delivered automatically by our Virtual Manager software on a schedule that works best for you. Ad hoc reports and other HIPAA secure information can be delivered and received in the same manner.