Internal Medicine Billing and Coding Services
AdvantEdge provides exceptional internal medicine billing services, coding and account receivable management services. AdvantEdge helps internal medicine practices to solve problems every day. Does your practice experience any of the following issues?
- AR Days are above 40.
- Collections are below expectations.
- High billing staff turnover.
Is your Current Billing Service Exceeding Expectations?
Practices using other billing services often tell us:
- Reports don’t have the details needed to gauge their practice
- Information isn’t available and/or is difficult to get
- The account manager hasn’t contacted them in months
While none of us are perfect, we at AdvantEdge, operate with a ClientFirst philosophy which means it is our job to view the world through the client. We provide complete visibility and transparency into our work. The AdvantEdge Analytics dashboard provides “anytime, anywhere” access to exactly what we’ve processed for you every day. And we have many other communications channels: coding feedback, compliance training, process improvement suggestions, etc.
If your current billing company isn’t delivering results, service and information, call us (877-501-1611) to learn why you can do much better!
Efficient and Effective Internal Medicine Billing
Our billing technology can be directly linked to your EMR or practice management software. If some or all information is on paper, AdvantEdge workflow optimization means your data is entered faster, with fewer errors. Sophisticated software automation accelerates the entire billing cycle.
- Increased collections from more accurate, comprehensive, and fully compliant billing
- Service to billing intervals measured in hours, not days or weeks.
- Reduced billing costs.
- Fewer days in A/R.
Is your In-house Billing Delivering What you Need? Efficiently?
Many practices employ office staff to code and bill their services, as well as employ managers to coordinate and process these functions. These operations can be effective as long as investments in billing technologies are kept current and staff members are well trained. But we often see problems that reduce the effectiveness, and therefore cash flow. These include:
- Staff turnover
- Outdated or inflexible systems
- Limited reporting capabilities
Even if these issues are not present, there may be cost issues that need to be evaluated. Staff costs increase from year to year as salaries, benefits and other overheads continue to rise. At some point, it is essential to analyze the fixed (and increasing) expenses of in-house billing versus the downward trend in reimbursement. In contrast to the expenses of an in-house operation, AdvantEdge billing services represent a predictable, variable cost that is directly proportional to your practice revenue. You can also retain complete control and visibility, including “anytime, anywhere” access to current practice financials.
Our Financial Performance Edge offers you a comprehensive view of current coding and billing effectiveness and costs and provides a thorough, unbiased analysis of current results versus benchmarks that can assess where revenue can be improved, costs reduced, cash flow accelerated and where there may be compliance risks. Call 877 501-1611 today to schedule yours!
AdvantEdge internal medicine coding and billing services include
- Payment and EOB posting.
- Accounts receivable management.
- Denial management.
- Contract management (e.g. monitoring underpayments).
- A comprehensive Interface Engine to obtain demographic information and internal medicine reports from EMR, ECC and other systems.
- Sophisticated Scan-Edge technology (if required for paper information).
- Computer-assisted procedure and diagnosis coding supported by AdvantEdge Certified Coders.
- Billing by experienced AdvantEdge staff.
- Claims scrubbing.
- Patient billing.
- Patient web portal.
- Referral to collections agency and posting of collections received.
- A formal refund process.
- Comprehensive daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Anytime, anywhere access to the InfoEdge dashboard and all reports.
- Formal, comprehensive compliance program.
- As required:
- Credentialing (enrollment) services.
- Managed care contracting.
- Physician feedback and education on coding, compliance and other industry trends.
- ClientFirst account management and support.