Radiology Billing Company
How does AdvantEdge Deliver Superior Results?
Every radiology billing company employs the basic medical billing steps:
- Charge capture/entry
- Claims filing
- Payment posting
Most radiology billing companies only perform some Accounts Receivable work. At AdvantEdge, we go much further. This explains why our results are superior to others. At AdvantEdge:
- All billing work is visible to clients on a daily basis.
- Patients can pay via our online portal, phone or mail with the full traditional variety of payment types available: credit card, check, e-check, etc.
- Coding is performed by AdvantEdge certified professional coders, assuring accurate and fully compliant billing. In addition to immediate clarification on unclear documentation, our coders provide regular feedback to improve physician documentation and, where desired, physician education classes.
- Comprehensive RIS, PACS and hospital ADT interfaces have built-in error correction and reconciliation processes to assure that every service performed is billed, and not only collect charge information quickly.
- Sophisticated claim edits assure that only clean claims are filed (in fact 99% of all claims filed are accepted by the payor).
- With payments, all EOB information is provided, including denial information.
- Secondary claims are filed automatically as soon as the primary payment is posted.
- If a patient balance exists after an insurance payment, a statement is immediately issued.
- Denials are processed immediately by the appropriate specialist, based on the type of denial.
- Underpayments are identified and worked by an insurance specialist.
- Delays in payment from insurers or patients are reviewed and processed by A/R follow-up experts.
- Comprehensive reporting and analysis is provided monthly and, where requested, on a daily and weekly basis.
- The AdvantEdge Client Manager works as an extension of your practice or hospital and is available at any time to answer questions and to provide additional information on the full range of radiology billing, coding and business intelligence.
- We provide the full spectrum of practice management services, starting with enrollment (credentialing) and contract negotiations. Plus, as required, some or all HR, accounting and financial support.
InfoEdge: Radiology Billing Information Anytime, Anywhere
In the past, a set of monthly reports was all that was expected of a radiology billing company. Today the expectations are much higher as Radiology practices expect easy access to current billing results every day, whenever they wish.
The InfoEdge online portal provides HIPAA compliant access to a summary and details of charges, adjustments, collections, A/R, and procedure volumes.
The data is updated daily with the ability to “drill-down” to detailed information by payor, provider, location, etc. This “drill-down” can be exported in a variety of formats. In addition, regularly scheduled reports are delivered to InfoEdge with no delays from paper distribution and no need to email patient-protected information. Ad hoc reports can also be requested via InfoEdge and delivered to the dashboard. The entire dashboard and reporting system conforms to federal standard NIST SP 800-52 and other relevant standards required by HIPAA and HITECH encryption standards.
AdvantEdge clients also have access to InfoEdgeBI, a very sophisticated Business Intelligence Analytics tool set also used by AdvantEdge Client Managers. This allows custom reports, ad hoc analyses and personalized support for your practice or hospital.
InfoEdge is one dimension of transparency and visibility. Our ClientFirst approach means we believe in complete transparency when working with our clients.
Personal communications is another key dimension. We communicate in as many ways as you prefer about practice performance, management of the revenue cycle and strategic direction. Your AdvantEdge Client Manager to you at any time. Our team of coding, billing and practice management experts communicate regularly on your account. And our executives are an integral part of your support team.
Every one of our staff members is focused on the performance of your practice. Unique in the industry, our staff members have incentive bonuses tied to superior results for your group. At AdvantEdge, we know that your practice is more successful when communication flows easily from the “back office” (e.g. billing office) to your sites, physicians, and administration.
As a matter of philosophy, we want to operate as a business partner, not just a vendor. We find that this cooperative, “win-win” approach yields better results for you and for us. We look forward to the opportunity to demonstrate how this partnership can benefit your group.
Billing in House? Could a Radiology Billing Company be a Better Solution?
Is growth in your practice making it difficult for your billing staff to keep up? Are current billing costs too high? Does your billing staff not find time to work A/R? Do routine billing tasks take too long? Is your software vendor “nickel and diming” you for updates? If you have any of these symptoms, we can help.
Traditionally, some practices have felt that they needed in-house billing to keep “control” Of their practice. With today’s sophisticated informatics and communications, AdvantEdge allows you to keep that control. In fact, many practices now feel that they have more control with a billing partner than with their own staff.
In addition to cost advantages (a variable billing cost instead of the fixed and growing expenses of an in-house operation), a radiology billing company has a much deeper bench of expertise available to your group. And companies like AdvantEdge offer technology capabilities that no in-house operation can afford or develop.
To find out more, ask us about the Financial Performance Edge to compare costs and capabilities. Then you can decide which is the best solution for your group.