Pathology Billing Software Drives Collections and A/R
AdvantEdge uses powerful pathology billing software that streamlines work for our staff through ease of use, automation of routine tasks, and reminders when followups are required. This equates to more time available to focus on and resolve complex cases and denials, enabling us to increase collections and improve A/R at a cost that is far less than internal billing operations.
// Some of the technical features are:
- Our billing software links directly to your, RIS, PACS and other systems to download demographics and/or charge information (EDI interfaces with a comprehensive list of payers are included).
- Optimized pathology workflows submit claims electronically the same day a charge is entered and the batch verified. Payments are applied fast: electronically for carriers with automatic reconciliation and for others, using procedures optimized for each payer.
- Secondary claims are filed the same day payments are applied from the primary payer with EOB attached.
- Denials and other payer responses are automatically queued for A/R team member follow-up. Capitation adjustments are done automatically.
- Full electronic interfaces with all payer organizations instantly upload patient and procedure data, verify eligibility, determine specifics of coverage, submit claims, electronically adjudicate claims, negotiate electronic remittance, and achieve automated posting to line items on the original claim submission.
- Denials are automatically routed to the right specialist for immediate attention.
- A contracting module and analysis reports highlight underpayments for review by our A/R experts.
- All transactions are recorded and fully journaled.