Pathology Billing Software Drives Collections and A/R
AdvantEdge uses powerful pathology billing software that streamlines work for our staff through ease of use, automation of routine tasks, and reminders when followups are required. This equates to more time available to focus on and resolve complex cases and denials, enabling us to increase collections and improve A/R at a cost that is far less than internal billing operations.
// Some of the technical features are:
- Our billing software links directly to your, RIS, PACS and other systems to download demographics and/or charge information (EDI interfaces with a comprehensive list of payers are included).
- Optimized pathology workflows submit claims electronically the same day a charge is entered and the batch verified. Payments are applied fast: electronically for carriers with automatic reconciliation and for others, using procedures optimized for each payer.
- Secondary claims are filed the same day payments are applied from the primary payer with EOB attached.
- Denials and other payer responses are automatically queued for A/R team member follow-up. Capitation adjustments are done automatically.
- Full electronic interfaces with all payer organizations instantly upload patient and procedure data, verify eligibility, determine specifics of coverage, submit claims, electronically adjudicate claims, negotiate electronic remittance, and achieve automated posting to line items on the original claim submission.
- Denials are automatically routed to the right specialist for immediate attention.
- A contracting module and analysis reports highlight underpayments for review by our A/R experts.
- All transactions are recorded and fully journaled.
Powerful pathology reporting and dashboards
As an innovative technology based billing company, AdvantEdge offers industry leading dashboards, reporting and business intelligence capabilities, often referred to as “informatics.” From a client perspective, you have exactly the information you need, in the format you need and on time.
This approach is based on the AdvantEdge ClientFirst philosophy, meaning that we view every situation through the client’s viewpoint. One clear promise to our clients is visibility and transparency. For that reason, all forms of coding, billing and practice management data are readily available at any time.
The HIPAA secure InfoEdge dashboard provides a 13 month overview of Charges, Cash and Adjustments, volume (encounters and procedures) and A/R aging. As a user, you can then drill down on any of the data for more detailed information by payor class or individual payor, location, or physician for any available time period. If you wish, sub-groups can be set up within a practice (e.g. by specialty) and each sub-group’s information will be available for all of the drill down report. Any of the data can be exported to Excel at any time.
The InfoEdge dashboard uses a powerful but flexible security system allowing each authorized user to see the data you specify, and only that data. For example, you can set it up so that an individual physician can see his or her information, but nothing else. Similarly, a location manager could see just their location information, etc.
The AdvantEdge InfoEdge portal is also where you may access your reports at any time. You tell us when you want to see your reports, and they will be delivered automatically by our Virtual Manager software. Ad hoc reports and other HIPAA secure information can be sent and received in the same manner.