Pathology Billing Services
- Collections are below expectations.
- Days in A/R are above 40.
- Billing staff turnover is too high.
AdvantEdge helps pathology practices solve these problems every day.
Do your Current Pathology Billing Services Exceed Expectations?
Practices using other pathology billing services often tell us:
- Information isn’t available and/or is difficult to get
- Reports don’t have the details needed to measure their practice
- The account manager hasn’t been seen in months
While none of us are perfect, at AdvantEdge we operate with a ClientFirst philosophy which means we strive to view the world through your lens and respond accordingly. One result is that we provide complete visibility and transparency into our work. We have many other communications channels: coding feedback, compliance training, process improvement suggestions, and our InfoEdge dashboard that provides “anytime, anywhere” access to exactly what we’ve processed for you every day.
If your current pathology billing services aren’t delivering the results you desire, call us at 877-501-1611 to learn why you can do much better.
Efficient and Effective Pathology Billing Services
Your hospital ADT, LIS and other systems are linked directly to AdvantEdge billing technology. When some or all information is on paper, AdvantEdge workflow optimization means your data is entered faster, all with fewer errors. Software automation speeds the entire billing cycle.
- Fewer days in A/R.
- Service to billing intervals measured in hours, not days or weeks.
- Increased collections from more accurate and comprehensive billing—all fully compliant.
- Reduced billing costs.
Is your in-house billing delivering what you need? Efficiently?
Many practices do their own coding and billing, either with a dedicated team or as part of a hospital billing team or CBO. These operations can be effective as long as investments in billing technologies are kept current and staff members are well trained. But we often see problems that reduce the effectiveness, and therefore cashflow. These include:
- Staff turnover
- Outdated or inflexible systems
- Limited reporting capabilities
Even if these issues are not present, there are often cost issues that need to be evaluated. Staff costs increase from year to year as salaries, benefits and other overheads continue to rise.At some point, it is imperative to analyze the fixed (and increasing) expenses of in-house billing to the downward trend in reimbursement. In contrast to the expenses of an in-house operation, AdvantEdge billing services represent a predictable, variable cost that is directly proportional to your practice revenue. Of course, you retain complete control and visibility, including “anytime, anywhere” access to current practice financials. And you gain an expert coding and billing partner.
You can get a comprehensive view of current coding and billing effectiveness and costs with the Financial Performance Edge: a thorough, unbiased analysis of current results versus benchmarks. It assesses where revenue can be improved, costs reduced, cash flow accelerated and where there may be compliance risks. Call 877 501-1611 today to schedule yours!
- A comprehensive Interface Engine to obtain demographic information and pathology reports from ADT, RIS, PACS and other systems.
- Sophisticated Scan-Edge technology (if required for paper information).
- Computer-assisted procedure and diagnosis coding supported by AdvantEdge Certified Coders.
- Billing by experienced AdvantEdge staff.
- Claims scrubbing.
- Payment and EOB posting.
- Accounts receivable management.
- Denial management.
- Contract management (e.g. monitoring underpayments).
- Patient billing.
- Patient web portal.
- Referral to collections agency and posting of collections received.
- A formal refund process.
- Comprehensive daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Anytime, anywhere access to the InfoEdge dashboard and all reports.
- Formal, comprehensive compliance program.
- As required:
- Credentialing (enrollment) services.
- Managed care contracting.
- Physician feedback and education on coding, compliance and other industry trends.
- ClientFirst account management and support.