Neonatology Coding Services
The AdvantEdge team of 100 skilled, certified coders is ready to work for you today, whether your neonatology practice or hospital needs stand-alone coding support or comprehensive coding and billing services.
Neonatology professional coders are:
- AAPC (American Association of Professional Coders), AHIMA, and/or RCC certified
- Highly experienced with an average of over 10 years of coding experience
- Trained and knowledgeable about all insurance and government regulatory requirements
- Experienced with payor specific coding rules
Neonatology coding solutions include:
- Coding staff expansion
- Comprehensive coding workflow
- Coding audits
- Compliance training
- Coding Education
Coding is an essential piece of the billing process. Coding professionals must understand, in great detail, complex regulatory requirements and the clinical work performed by providers. AdvantEdge hires and trains highly experienced and certified coders with the skills to perform this task at a high level of proficiency every day. Our “standards of ethical coding” highlight the “decision-making” dimensions of coding and outline the company’s expectations for making ethical decisions. Quality assurance experts audit all coding work to ensure the highest accuracy.
- Apply deep knowledge of current coding and classification systems and official resources to select the most appropriate diagnostic, procedural, substance, equipment, and supply codes, including applicable modifiers.
- Employ accurate, comprehensive and consistent coding practices.
- Assign only the procedural and diagnostic codes that are clearly supported by the medical documentation. This documentation can include forms, records and other electronic and/or scanned images of clinical procedures and other medical services.
- Follow ICD coding conventions and the official coding guidelines approved by the Cooperating Parties (the American Health Information Management Association, American Hospital Association, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and National Center for Health Statistics).