Hospitalist Billing Companies
How Does AdvantEdge Deliver Superior Results?
All hospitalist billing companies employ the basic medical billing steps:
- Charge capture/entry
- Claims filing
- Payment posting
Most hospitalist billing companies also perform some Accounts Receivable work. At AdvantEdge, we go much further giving you results superior to any other hospitalist billing company. At AdvantEdge:
- Comprehensive EMR, ECC and hospital interfaces not only collect hospitalist charge information quickly, they have built-in error correction and reconciliation processes to guarantee that every service performed is billed.
- Hospitalist coding is performed by AdvantEdge certified coders, assuring accurate and fully-compliant hospitalist billing. In addition to immediate clarification on unclear documentation, our coders also provide regular feedback to improve physician documentation and, where desired, physician education classes.
- Sophisticated claim edits assure that only clean claims are filed. At AdvantEdge, 99% of all filed claims are accepted by payers.
- Along with payments, all EOB information is posted, including denial information.
- Secondary claims are filed automatically as soon as the primary payment is posted.
- A patient statement is immediately issued after an insurance payment is posted, if a patient balance exists.
- Patients can pay via an online portal, phone or mail with all payment types available: credit card, check, e-check, etc.
- Denials are managed and processed immediately by the appropriate specialist, based on the type of denial.
- Underpayments are identified and handled by an insurance specialist.
- Delays in payment from insurers or patients are reviewed and processed by A/R follow-up experts.
- All billing work is visible to clients on a daily basis.
- Full reporting and analysis is provided monthly and, can be provided on a daily and weekly basis, if requested.