Specialty Billing Company
How Does AdvantEdge Deliver Superior Results?
All specialty billing companies perform the basic medical billing steps:
- Charge capture/entry
- Claims filing
- Payment posting
Most specialty billing companies also offer some Accounts Receivable work. At AdvantEdge, we take it to the next level with results that are superior to other billing companies. At AdvantEdge:
- Comprehensive EMR, ECC and hospital interfaces not only collect specialty charge information quickly, they have built-in error reconciliation and correction processes to assure that every performed service is billed.
- AdvantEdge certified coders perform specialty coding ensuring compliant and accurate billing. Our coders request immediate clarification when physician documentation is unclear or ambiguous. Our coders also provide regular feedback and where desired, physician education classes to improve physician documentation.
- Sophisticated claim edits ensure that only clean claims are submitted to payors. At AdvantEdge, 99% of all claims submitted are accepted by payors.
- Along with payments, all EOB information is posted, including denial information.
- Secondary claims are filed automatically at the time the primary payment is posted.
- A patient statement is immediately issued if a patient balance exists after insurance payment, .
- Patients can pay through an online portal, phone or mail with many payment types available: credit card, check, e-check, etc.
- Denials are processed immediately by the appropriate speciality specialist, based on the type of denial.
- Underpayments are identified and worked by an insurance specialist.
- Delays in payment from insurers or patients are reviewed and handled by A/R follow-up experts.
- All specialty billing work is visible to clients on a daily basis.
- Comprehensive reporting and analysis is provided monthly and, where requested, on a daily and/or weekly basis.