Medical Billing Company
How does AdvantEdge deliver superior medical billing results?
All medical billing companies go through the basic medical billing steps:
- Charge capture/entry
- Claims filing
- Payment posting
Most billing companies also perform some Accounts Receivable work. At AdvantEdge, we go much, much further. Which explains why our results are superior to other billing companies. At AdvantEdge:
- Comprehensive EMR, ECC and hospital interfaces not only collect charge information rapidly, they have built-in error correction and reconciliation processes to guarantee that every procedure performed is billed.
- Multi-specialty coding is performed by AdvantEdge certified coders, assuring accurate and fully compliant billing. When provider documentation is unclear, our coders request immediate clarification for accurate billing. In addition, our coders provide regular feedback to improve physician documentation and, where desired, physician education classes.
- Sophisticated claim edits assure that only clean claims are filed. 99% of all claims filed by AdvantEdge are accepted by the payor.
- Along with payments, all EOB information is posted, including denial information.
- Secondary claims are filed automatically as soon as the primary payment is posted.
- A patient statement is immediately sent after an insurance payment is posted, if a patient balance exists.
- Patients can pay via an online portal, phone or mail with the full variety of payment types available: credit card, check, e-check, etc.
- Denials are reviewed and processed immediately by the appropriate specialist, based on denial type.
- Underpayments are identified and worked by an insurance specialist.
- Delays in payment from insurers or patients are reviewed with follow-up activity by A/R experts.
- All billing work is visible to clients on a daily basis.
- Full reporting and analysis is provided on each client’s custom schedule: monthly, weekly, daily.
- The AdvantEdge Client Manager is your partner and is available at any time to answer questions and to provide additional information on the full range of billing, coding and business intelligence.